Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 13- Snack Bag Monday

We have a new pet- a cat named Oreo.  I don't really eat Oreos, so the name is kinda funny. My daughter named him- because he's black and white.  We got him from the Humane Society and he is getting along nicely.  Just wish he would stop scratching the furniture! 

So far on 90 Days of Change we have given up HFCS, Diet Soda, and Fast Food.  Today let's talk about snacks.  I love snacks- I am a snacker and that's probably not really a good thing but at least I can make some better snack choices.

Which brings us to Food Rules #39- "Eat all the junk food you want, as long as you cook it yourself."  Michael Pollan made this rule because he says a little junk food here and there is not so bad.  It's just too easy to get.  So if you had to make french fries yourself from scratch, or a pie, or ice cream- you wouldn't eat it that often. I found a yummy-sounding recipe on this blog for homemade "Cheez-its."

I'm An Organizing Junkie has a great feature on Monday called Menu Plan Monday!
The topic for today is- do you have any healthy snack recipes you love?  Please post a comment and share!  I can't wait to try some! We're having some Quinoa for dinner tonight- not sure what to make of it- kind of like couscous but it's a grain like rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment